At every IOA event, several awards are presented to recognise special contributions.
Please spread this information broadly among the students that are working in the field of ozone and advanced oxidation and invite them to apply to the prizes.
〉〉〉 To encourage young researchers, the Scientific Committee will select and award several prizes to the best papers presented by doctorate students.
All are invited to apply!
〉〉〉 The European African Asian Australasian group of the International Ozone Association will award the Willy Masschelein Prize for the best PhD thesis that has been issued within the past 4 years (2016 up to 31st March 2019).
The Willy Masschelein Prize is an award for original research revealing some unprecedent knowledge on any of the fundamental aspects of the industrial generation and the applications of ozone and advanced oxidation systems.
The amount of the prize is 4 000 € which includes all expenses for the travel, stay, registration of the winner for his attendance at the congress. The deadline for receiving applications from PhD students was 15 June 2019. Applications were made according to the RULES attached.
15 submissions were received, see below. The board is reviewing them and will come up with a final decision by 24 August 2019.
- RODRÍGUEZ SOLÍS Rafael – University of Extremadura, Spain
Photocatalytic oxidation of aqueous herbicides with radiation of low energy. Application of catalysts, ozone and peroxidic promoters
- GOMES João – University of Coimbra, Portugal
Environmentally Friendly Removal of Water Emerging Contaminants by Photocatalytic Ozonation and Biofiltration
- LEE Minju – EPFL École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
Prediction of transformation products during ozonation of micropollutant-containing waters: Kinetics and mechanisms
- BILIŃSKA Lucyna – Lodz University of Technology, Poland
Decolorization of textile wastewater by Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs) under industrial conditions
- SPILIOTOPOULOU Aikaterini – Technical University of Denmark
Ozonation of semi-closed aquatic systems – Online control
- PERRIN Jordan – Communauté universitaire Grenoble-Alpes, France
Production of pure cellulose from wood by a green process of purification and bleaching by ozone, for a textile or chemical use
- BOTELHO-ALMEIDA Túlia – University of São Paulo – Faculdade de Ciências Farmaceuticas, Brazil
Evaluation of the effectiveness and applicability of the ozone sterilization process
- CHYS Michael – Ghent University, Belgium
Surrogate-based online monitoring and control framework for trace organic contaminant removal during ozonation of secondary wastewater effluent: from lab-scale to practical application
- YING Huang – University of Cincinnati, USA
Applications of UV/H2O2, UV/NO3–, and UV-vis/ferrite/sulfite Advanced Oxidation Processes to Remove Contaminants of Emerging Concern for Wastewater Treatment
- KATTEL Eneliis – Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Application of activated persulfate processes for the treatment of water and high-strength wastewater
- UL HUDA Noor – University of Lahore (UOL), Pakistan
Comparison of disc herniated patients receiving ozone therapy with and without physical therapy
- JOTHINATHAN Lakshmi – National University of Singapore, Singapore
O3/H2O2 based AOPs for PPCPs removal: kinetic studies on the influence of initiator, promoter and inhibitor with the presence/absence of NOM/EfOM
- HERISSON Alexandre – Communauté Université Grenoble Alpes, France
Ozone reactive flotation of model contaminants contained in recovered papers: hydrodynamics and reactivity study
- MESHREF Mohamed – University of Alberta, Canada
Application of Ozone and Peroxone Processes for Naphthenic Acids Degradation in Oil Sands Process-Affected Water: Characterization of Water Before and After Treatment
- LIU Bo – Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
Enhanced Photocatalytic Oxidation of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Offshore Produced Water