Whether by bus or by bike, on foot or on skates, Lausanne lends itself to endless exploration: museum visits, a stroll in the parks and gardens or along the floral quays, excursions on the lake or in the vineyards, sporting and cultural activities, a relaxing spa break, shopping and nights out.
The Top 7 things to see in Lausanne
- View from the Lausanne Cathedral and from Tour de Sauvabelin.
- Museums: the Olympic Museum, the Rolex Learning Center, the AQUATIS Aquarium-Vivarium.
- Ouchy: promenade from the Haldimand Tower to the Bellerive swimming pool, via the Château, the landing stage and the port of Ouchy.
- Lavaux vineyard terraces UNESCO-listed since 2007.
- Lake Geneva (Lac Léman), the largest freshwater lake in Europe.
- La Cité: quarter full of typical small bistros and craft shops.
- Flon is the heart of the city of Lausanne, pulsing with life, day and night, in a modern and innovative setting.
Map of the town